LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Forwarding method in backup server

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Forwarding method in backup server
Cc: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 01:53:53 +0300 (EEST)

        Hello,

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010, Simon Horman wrote:

        Simon, may be now ip_vs_nat_xmit should see
RTCF_LOCAL flag and we should check all NAT handlers
to support the LOCALNODE fallback where the port can
be changed too.

I'm not quite sure what you are describing there.

Is the idea that if the forwarding mechanism is NAT
then packets will always go via ip_vs_nat_xmit, even if
the IP is local (at config time). And that ip_vs_nat_xmit()
will use local xmit if RTCF_LOCAL is set?

        Yes, that is what I implemented in last patch.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>