LVS
lvs-devel

Re: [*v4 PATCH 0/3] IPVS: Backup Adding Ipv6 and Persistence support

To: Hans Schillstrom <hans.schillstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [*v4 PATCH 0/3] IPVS: Backup Adding Ipv6 and Persistence support
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>, LVS-Devel <lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxx>
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:44:39 +0900
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 07:31:26PM +0100, Hans Schillstrom wrote:
> This patch series adds/(updates) the following functionality
> in the synchronization between master and backup daemons.
>
>  - IPv6
>  - Persistence Engine
>  - Firewall marks transferred
>  - Time-outs transferred.
>  - Flag field increased to 32 bits.
>
> Note:
> It depends on Patch 1-9 in staging branch.
> "IPVS: Backup, Prepare for transferring firewall marks (fwmark) to the backup
> daemon."
> to ...
> "IPVS: skb defrag in L7 helpers"

Hi Hans,

unfortuantely I am a bit confused about which tree your patches apply to.

I have sent a pull request to Patrick just now and as part of that
I have updated the master, for-patrick, and stable branches such
that they are currently all the same thing. This means stable has
been purged and then re-added. In the process I dropped the following
patches:

* IPVS: ip_vs_pe.c, use strncmp to be safe.

  Julian didn't seem very happy with this change.
  He suggested using pe->name_len to be safe.

* IPVS: Prepare for transferring firewall marks (fwmark) to the backup daemon.

  I believe you have revised this idea

* IPVS: Backup, Adding structs for new sync format

  I believe this one has changed too.

I notice that Julian made some comments too.  When you are ready could you
please post a fresh patch series, that includes all required patches and
applies cleanly on top of the master branch of lvs-next-2.6?