Re: Scheduling Algorithms

To: klynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Scheduling Algorithms
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 12:06:32 +0800
At 08:26 98-11-20 -0800, klynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Is there any possibility of getting an algorithm so that we time how long
>it takes from starting the connection till it's fully established and then
>send requests to the machine that is the fastest?

Yeah, it is possible to implement it.

Maybe it should be called fastest response scheduling, which directs
network connections to the server with fastest response rate. However, I
don't think it is a good scheduling strategy to balance the load, because
it tends to overload a particular server before moving on to another. So,
it is on the priority to implement. :-)