Re: Two node Virtual Server ?!

To: "Robert Thomas" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Two node Virtual Server ?!
Cc: "Peter Kese" <peter.kese@xxxxxx>, <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Wensong Zhang" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:48:02 +0800
-----Original Message-----
·¢¼þÈË: Robert Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
ÊÕ¼þÈË: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
³­ËÍ: Peter Kese <peter.kese@xxxxxx>; linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
ÈÕÆÚ: 1999Äê1ÔÂ20ÈÕ 18:57
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: Two node Virtual Server ?!

>Wensong Zhang wrote:
>
>> Any porting to 2.0.36/37, 2.1.*** or 2.2.xx is welcome. I will include it
>> in the next release.
>
>I've been glancing at this. It looks like there's going to be a lot of
stuff
>to do. I've actually managed to score a considerable part of February off
from
>Real Work (tm) - so I'll have time to finish all the coding bits and pieces
>that are lying around half finished - If wensong doesn't get around to it
by
>then I'll get my

Go ahead, just do it. :-) Before you do, please announce it in the mailing
list, I hope there will be no repeat work.

Currently I have other work to do. And, my father plugged a 30V AC Adapter
of the HP inkject into my SHARP Notebook (17V), it was burned.

It will take me a lot of time to repair, and it will be inconvinient for me
to work
at home in the near future.

>It would be nice if we can get this into the 2.3 development stream, since
>everyone I've showed this to has been extremely impressed and amazed at how
>easily, and how well it works.
>
>Admittedly, I'm still not using Tunnels, but if we (eg, someone) wants to
roll
>it up as a package with some HI-Av scripts... Mmmm.

Yeah, we can build a high-performance and highly available server on
clusters of
servers. And, the package should come with a cluster manager tool, it will
be easy
for administrators to setup and manager the virtual server.

>--Rob

Have a good day,

Wensong