Re: [Fwd: Virtual Server]

To: "Robert Thomas" <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tilliw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Virtual Server]
From: "Wensong Zhang" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:39:56 +0800
-----Original Message-----
·¢¼þÈË: Robert Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
ÊÕ¼þÈË: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; tilliw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<tilliw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
ÈÕÆÚ: 1999Äê2ÔÂ8ÈÕ 9:38
Ö÷Ìâ: [Fwd: Virtual Server]

>Tilli Weissenberger wrote:
>
>Fwd from private email from tilliw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>> I am trying to set this configuration up with our NT servers. I have
>> Slackware and want to setup VS on that server. I just have a question:
>>
>> 1) I cannot download the package from your server. That is, I can
>> download it, but its only 15k in size. I tried opening it with winzip
>> (since it seems to like that extension) but it cant open it. I'd
>> decompress it in linux, but my box is currently not up. I have to
>> reinstall slackware.

It is the problem of your browser, which didn't save the right filename.
Please rename the download file to vs-0.6.tar.gz, see what happens.

>> 2) I have multiple external IP's. Can VS handle them? I have multiple
>> domains on my server (small ISP) and want to map them to a local IP.

It seems that you want to setup virtual hosts, in which multiple names
are mapped to a single IP address.

The function of VS is to build a virtual server based on a cluster of
servers, in which parallel services of the cluster will appear as a
virtual service on a single IP address.

They are different.

>> 3) Do the firewall/filtering features still work, if I install VS?

I think they still work.