RE: Large installation.

To: "'XxEDGExX'" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Large installation.
From: "Shi, Eddie E" <eshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:27:36 -0800
Jeremy,
  Question: what is " a large 2 host raid array" ?

  First of all, I would find some feasible answers for the following
questions:

  How many Linux Directors are you planning to use ? Lets pick 8 ( 200/25)
which means each Linux Director will handle about 25 web servers ( according
to the article from wensong).

  What scheduling algorithm you are going to choose ( there are 4 currently
available).

  Are you going to use DNS RR for the Linux Directors ?

  How do you manage these server farms ?

  Have you tried fake and mon in a small scale site ?

  These are just my thoughs. Others can add more to it.

  Regards!

Eddie