Re: Configuration help

Subject: Re: Configuration help
From: John Connett <jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:11:48 +0100
I still haven't found a way to persuade the LocalNode option to work in
the configuration described in my previous message.  The following may
help to identify the problem:

The system master (192.168.1.10) has a working ftp server that can be
accessed from within the 192.168.1.0 subnet.  After running the
following:

    ippfvsadm -A -t 192.168.1.10:21 -R 127.0.0.1:21

any attempt to connect to the ftp server results in a timeout.  Run the
following and the ftp server can be accessed again:

    ippfvsadm -D -t 192.168.1.10:21 -R 127.0.0.1:21

My assumption is that the first of these ippfvsadm commands should
create a Linux virtual ftp server with itself as the only member system.

Here is the relevant section of the kernel configuration:

#
# Networking options
#
CONFIG_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_NET_ALIAS=y
CONFIG_INET=y
CONFIG_IP_FORWARD=y
# CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not set
CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES=y
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL_VERBOSE=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y

#
# Protocol-specific masquerading support will be built as modules.
#
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPAUTOFW=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPFVS=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_TAB_SIZE=12
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPFVS_WRR=y
# CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPFVS_LC is not set
# CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPFVS_WLC is not set
# CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPFVS_TUNNEL is not set
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPFVS_LOCALNODE=y
# CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_ICMP is not set
# CONFIG_IP_TRANSPARENT_PROXY is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ALWAYS_DEFRAG is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ACCT is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ROUTER is not set
# CONFIG_NET_IPIP is not set
CONFIG_IP_ALIAS=m

If there are any obvious errors, please let me know!  Also, if there is
any additional information that I can usefully provide or other things I
can try please tell me.

Thanks again in anticipation
--
John Connett (jrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)