VS/NAT & 2.2.x portfw/NAT

To: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: VS/NAT & 2.2.x portfw/NAT
From: Dan Cox <load@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 19:00:35 -0700
Hello..

I was thinking about using the VS for linux.com's current layout (we are
expecting
massive amounts of hits). unfortunately certain issues and "The
Boss" deems I
must run 2.2.x, so it looks like I'll have to wait a bit to implement
it. Anyways, I'm
using the portfw ipmasq implementation in 2.2.x of load balancing via
NAT, and
this is the current problem I'm running into on my load tests..
I believe this would
also be a problem when using VS/NAT, so that's why I'm posting my
question
here.. I think I saw somebody else was having the same problems..

Apparantly the max number of masq'ed entries is 4096, as (I believe from

somewhere I read) is defined in include/net/ip_masq.h

#define PORT_MASQ_BEGIN 61000
#define PORT_MASQ_END   (PORT_MASQ_BEGIN+4096)

I tried fidgeting with these settings. ie.  56904 for BEGIN and
BEGIN+8192 for
END, but I am still running into the 4096 limit. Does anyone know what
the
problem/fix might be? or am I totally looking in the wrong place? :)

Thanks-

Dan Cox
Linux.com - Systems Administrator