Re: LVS & Mail server ?

To: Stefan Stefanov <sstefanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS & Mail server ?
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:31:09 +0200
On 1999-06-28T15:37:51,
   Stefan Stefanov <sstefanov@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I think this might be not-so-hardly achieved with CODA and Qmail.

Qmail's Maildir format is indeed a very good way of storing messages under
such circumstances. It is "NFS safe". You do not need to install qmail itself
for this though.

CODA does not seem to be a good idea, since it has bad write performance. I
would recommend going with a NetApp if you can afford it.

Or if you really need it, two NetApps (maybe geographically distributed) which
mirror each other. If you can afford that however I will be happy to provide
paid support ;-)

I would then have a few frontend machines running IMAP/POP3 and SMTP reading
from/delivering to the mail spool.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
Lars Marowsky-Brée
Network Management

teuto.net Netzdienste GmbH - DPN Verbund-Partner