Re: Question about passive FTP

To: Ted Pavlic <tpavlic_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Question about passive FTP
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:44:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Ted Pavl

> However, whenever I
> try passive FTP (I'm using the ncftpd server, by the way) -- this happens:

LVS handles all single port connections fine. Dual port connections
or connections which send IP information as data in packets or
which do callbacks don't work in this set up (ipmasquerading has
the same problem). regular ftp is handled as a special case
by LVS. the code for passive ftp has not been written yet
but is in the works. My talk at Linux Expo

http://proxy.iinchina.net/~wensong/ippfvs/Joseph.Mack/

near the top (Installation/Control, under the heading
"tested") mentions that passive ftp doesn't work yet.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx