name change for ipvsadm - was Re: Wow. We're in 2.2.10-ac11!

To: Rob Thomas <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: name change for ipvsadm - was Re: Wow. We're in 2.2.10-ac11!
Cc: linux-virtualserver@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:18:10 -0400 (EDT)
before the number of users increases exponentially,
and we're stuck with names in scripts forever
(like the tab in make), I'd like to suggest that
the name of ipvsadm be changed to vsadm (incase it
ever runs on non-linux machines) or lvsadm and that the
default output from vsadm include the output that comes
from ipvsadm -L (ie list the current config).

Reasons being

1. the name is shorter
2. vsadm  is shorter than ipvsadm -L which is what
     I want all the time anyhow
3. in the case of VS-DR there is no ip involved.

Thanks Joe

--
Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx