Re: References

To: "DOSCHER,JONATHAN (Non-HP-SanDiego,ex1)" <Jonathan_Doscher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: References
From: Paul Walker <pwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:15:30 -0500
"DOSCHER,JONATHAN (Non-HP-SanDiego,ex1)" wrote:

> I'm currently workin on a proposal for LVS here at my work.  I am looking for
> references, primarily company names at this point, and a contact name if I
> have
> any more questions for someone individually.  I just need some large companies
> to show that this is production software.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Jonathan Doscher
> SQL/IIS R&D
> HP San Diego

Jonathan,

We have deployed the VS for our Americas manufacturing operations (production
use
for about 3 months) and are deploying
in our European operations this month.

Asia is scheduled for later in the year.

We are using v0.8 patch to 2.0.36 w/ localnode, tunneling, and WRR. We use a
pair
or redirectors for fault-tolerance
in the same spirit as the web page and 4 dual processor Intel 450mhz servers
running a RH 6.0 distribution.
The VS provides web services via apache, file services  via samba  with
_manual_
synchronization  :-( , and ftp services.
We are looking at CODA to handle the file synchronization issues, but that is
still in very early development.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Paul Walker
Sr. Architect
Manufacturing Infrastructure Engineeing, Dell IT
(512) 728-2471