Arp, Interface aliases

Subject: Arp, Interface aliases
From: "'Most Excellent' Eric Mehlhaff" <mehlhaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:44:01 -0700
        I am trying to configure a VIP that is an address within the interface
of eth0, to use direct routing.    I configure the VIP as an interface alias
to the eth0 external interface, and on the 'real' machines, the VIP is an
alias on the tunnel device, as suggested earlier this week on this mailing
list.  The unexpected behavior I'm seeing is that the linux real servers still
ARP out that VIP address, even though its on the tunnel interface, even though
it has ARP turned off.
        Is there any fix for this, its certainly unexpected behavior?   I'm
using lvs0.8.3 patched 2.2.12 kernel on ALL machines involved.

-Eric Mehlhaff
Cryptic Networking