LVS & search engines

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS & search engines
From: James CE Johnson <jcej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 18:46:04 -0400
Hi,

I've been fighting this for a few days.  Maybe someone out there has
solved it?

Let's say I have a cluster known to the outside world as foo.bar.com.
The machine foo.bar.com is running LVS of course.  Inside the cluster,
it is known as services00.foo.bar.com.

Now, services00 is setup to balance WWW traffic to boxes inside of the
cluster.  For simplicity, let's say there's only one internal box and
it's known as node01.foo.bar.com.  Of course, it's not available outside
of the cluster.

If I fire up htdig, it needs to know where to connect to to build it's
index files.  I want to run it inside the cluster of course.  If I tell
it to look at http://foo.bar.com from any node in the cluster, it gets a
'connection refused'.  If I tell it to look at node01.foo.bar.com, then
all is well but the URLs it builds are all http://node01.foo.bar.com
which do no good for folks outside of the cluster looking at search
results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,