Re: Can I do this with the persistent port feature ?

To: Jean-francois Nadeau <jf.nadeau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can I do this with the persistent port feature ?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:27:38 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Jean-francois Nadeau wrote:

> To complete a transaction on our web site, the client must go through
> 5 steps.  The cookies is sent a the first step and the client is only
> under SSL at the fifth step.
>
> Using the persistent port feature, I can garantee the client to be on
> the same server for the first 4 steps (on port 80). But at step 5, the
> client goes on SSL so how can I garantee him to stay on the same
> server as the 4 previous steps ???

With persistent client connection (pcc) - the old way of doing things,
the default behaviour was that connection from all of the client's
ports were forwarded to the same server (this is the behaviour you
are asking to have)

With persistant port connection (ppc), you forward ports separately
and port 80 from the client could go to one realserver while port 443
will go to another. You can links all ports to have the pcc behaviour
by using "0" for the port eg (I haven't done this so I don't know
whether you have the -g or not)

        #ppc persistent connection, timeout 1800 secs, all ports
        /sbin/ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.1.110:0 -p 1800
        echo "adding service 0 to realserver 192.168.1.1 "
        /sbin/ipvsadm -a -t 192.168.1.110:0 -R 192.168.1.1 -g -w 1

--
Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx