How to break the proxy effect ?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: How to break the proxy effect ?
From: "Jean-Francois Nadeau" <jna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:22:41 -0500
Hi !

I will use LVS 0.9.7 on a 2.2.12 kernel to load balance 2 or more Linux
Apache web servers (Direct Routing and WRR algo).

I use persitency with a big timeout (10 minutes).

My fear is the proxy effect.  Many of our clients are behind proxies (big
ones !) and I fear this will unbalance our cluster because of the persitent
timeout.  I must be able to control the maximum number of ActiveConn to the
real server.

Do you know any workaround for that problem ?

Can we alter directly /proc/net/ip_masquerade ?

Thanks in advance.

JNA