Re: Nice to have features

To: Jerry Glomph Black <black@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Nice to have features
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:32:03 -0800
On 2000-03-24T10:11:14,
   Jerry Glomph Black <black@xxxxxxxx> said:

> All of these 'nice to have' features are wonderful, but
> the reason the LVS is so great, and so reliable, is that it
> is fundamentally SIMPLE.  Add a lot of tutti-fruitti gak, and
> it will be less reliable, have plenty of failure modes, and
> do for LVS what the commercial Linux package companies have
> done for Linux.  (attempt to make it as messed up as a Microsoft product).

As we are going to add it in a modular fashion, you can of course chose not to
use any of the additional benefits LVS offers.

And I don't agree with your analysis at all. Those features are not "a lot of
tutti-fruitti gak", but needed.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl