Re: Is there any benchmark for LVS?

To: huatao <huatao@xxxxxxx>, Linux Virtual Server List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is there any benchmark for LVS?
From: Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:37:58 -0500
huatao wrote:

> Hello lvs-users,
>
> I want to know how performant LVS is,
> so I wonder if there any benchmark for LVS.
> Would you please give me some directions?

The polygraph folks <http://polygraph.ircache.net> are working on a
workload to test L4 (load balancing) switches which might be tweakable
to fit your needs.  It hasn't yet been documented...and I'm not even
sure if it is included in the source distribution.  I'm not at all
familiar with the workload for Load Balancing, but Alex and the rest of
the polygraph guys are very helpful if you do your research before
asking them questions...especially if you're willing and able to help
out in defining the workload.  By the time of the Summer L4 bakeoff they
will definitely have a workload available and well documented.

Maybe it's what you're looking for.  If not, I'd like to hear what other
folks are using for benching LVS.  I myself would like to see how it
fares compared to dedicated devices...particularly for load balancing.
I'd also like to see how it behaves when under an extremely heavy load.
                                 --
                    Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances