Re: ipvsadm -Ln != ipvsadm -L -n

To: Christophe Massiot <cmassiot@xxxxxxxxxx>, "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvsadm -Ln != ipvsadm -L -n
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:14:11 -0700
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 05:28:34PM +0200, Ratz wrote:
> Christophe Massiot wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Apparently there is a problem with the options parser of the latest
> > ipvsadm. ipvsadm -Ln (n for numeric) doesn't show the same output as
> > ipvsadm -L -n, as it used to do in previous versions. I changed my scripts
> > accordingly, but other users here might be confused too.
> >
> > --
> > Christophe Massiot.
> >

> Hi Christophe,
>
> For me both work perfect and show twice the same result.
> Could you specify where it does not work? I tested with
> ipvsadm v. 0.9.12.

The problem lies in the popt parsing code. ipvsadm may be compiled
against either popt or getopt_long, I suspect that if you examin the output
of "ipvsadm -h | head 1" it will show that the binary you have
is compiled against getopt_long, where as Christophe's is compiled
against popt.

I am working on a patch to fix this problem.

--
Horms