RE: Redhat HA Download?

To: "Keith Barrett" <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Redhat HA Download?
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jon Oringer" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:40:13 -0700
>> From: kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Yes, I understand that if your goal is to create a no-cost
>>perfect copy of the binary product that it's not as easy as
>>downloading an image and burning a CD.  As I pointed out,
>>this is already true for the other products also.

I may be going out on a limb here.. but if I was a contributing author to
the HA source tree (which once I get some time, I plan to be), I would want
a stipulation included that would force RedHat to allow free downloads of
the iso with the HA patches included.

I don't need support from RedHat -- and I do plan on installing the HA
software myself..

But when you create something based on open source software, you should be
releasing all of
it for free download..  even the iso of the install cd.

Support is a different story... Charge for that..
-Jon