ARP on dummy0 with kernel 2.2.14

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ARP on dummy0 with kernel 2.2.14
From: Shawn Cannon <SCannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:28:34 -0400
Hi-

I have configured a VIP on the dummy0 interface on Red Hat 6.2, kernel
2.2.14. I would like to stop the address from ARPing. I have run the command
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/dummy0/hidden. This redirect command seemed
to have ran properly because when I run the more command against "hidden" a
value of 1 is returned. The problem however is that this VIP on dummy0 still
ARPs because I can ping this VIP from another machine on the segment. I also
tried configuring this interface with -arp attached at the end, this doesn't
make a difference. Any suggestions? Is there a patch for 2.2.14? Thanks...

Shawn Cannon
Sales Engineer
100 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA
978-250-3270 x521

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
of the original message.