RE: LVS not responding?!

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: LVS not responding?!
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jacob W Anderson" <janders6@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:10:08 -0700
Hi Joseph!

Thanks for the response, I very much appreciate the help.

> > >From my mx on a cable modem, I can ftp and telnet into the LVS
> machine, but
>
> what's an "mx"

mx = machine

> > when I try to connect to the LVS on port 80 via http, I always get
> > connection refused.
>
> there is no service listening on the target IP:port of your ipvsadm line.

Isn't pulse supposed to automatically start the ipvsadm processes?  If not,
then where am I supposed to put the ipvsadm commands?

> I don't know these config files real well, so I'll guess - the
> httpd should be listening on 10.x.x.x rather than 216.x.x.x

Yep, I've got that in the Apache httpd.conf file:

<VirtualHost 10.75.1.10.www.mydomain.com>
</VirtualHost>

Since I don't see the ipvsadm processes running on the lvs mx , I can only
assume that such is the problem (as you mentioned).  Doesn't pulse act like
inetd?

Thanks again.

-- Jake
javadude@xxxxxxxxx