Re: Real Servers listening on different port numbers.

To: Pietro Ravasio <pietro.ravasio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Real Servers listening on different port numbers.
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "P.Copeland" <copeland@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:07:31 -0500
Pietro Ravasio wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm actually running a RH 6.2 piranha/LVS based cluster. I would like to
> add some real servers running on a port number different from virtual's one
> (for example:
> TCP 192.0.9.245:5555
>    -> 192.168.1.1:5555  Masq    200     0       0
>    -> 192.168.1.2:7500  Masq    200     0       0
>                   ^^^^
>
> This is possible with ipvsadm (ipvsadm -a 192.0.9.245:5555 -r
> 192.168.1.2:7500 -m) but pulse doesn't understand lvs.cf file if I add the
> port number in real server ip address definition.
>
> What do you suggest?

Umm submitting it as a feature/bug report on bugzilla?

    http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

That wasn't a 'feature' I thought sane people would want
however, I'll go off and make the necessary changes in the near future

Features only get added when people suggest them, I get precious little feedback

so your suggestion has become a requirement that will be added soon. Though you
can
antagonise me and drop it in bugzilla (hint hint!) With luck that looks like
something I *might*
be able to code up buy middle next week.

Phil
=--=