arp problem - any definate solutions yet?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: arp problem - any definate solutions yet?
From: Stephen Rowles <spr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:34:19 +0100
hi,

I am trying to create a cluster of machines for load balanced telnet access. The plan is to create a cluster of machines that can be accessed by undergraduate students both as a cluster and individually. People will generally connect to the cluster, run jobs / check-mail, then log off when finished. However they need to be able to connect back to a specific real server so that they can retrieve jobs.

I am trying to setup tunnel access, but I cannot get my redhat 6.2 real server to stop replying to arp requests. I have put in a unconnected network card to the machine. Before the card has it's module inserted, pinging the cluster VIP gets no response (the director is currenly off line for arp testing). After configuring the extra card with the VIP but not connecting it to any real network, pinging the VIP gets a response. I have read the how-to but can't figure out what is wrong. Anybody got any ideas?

cheers,
Steve.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage
makes you a mechanic.