Re: Problems with LVS

To: "David D.W. Downey" <david.downey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems with LVS
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nathan Polonski <Nathan.Polonski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:13:10 -0400
"David D.W. Downey" wrote:

> OK, hold up. which is it? You ARE supposed to be able to see the main
> website from the back end machines or you are NOT supposed to be able to?

with VS-DR when you connect to the VIP from the real-servers, you will connect
directly to the VIP on that real-server bypassing the LVS. I don't remember what
happens with VS-NAT. I would suspect you don;t connect.

This wasn't a part of the discussion I was replying to though. I was talking
about
setting up ipchains so that you can still to services that LVS wasn't
controlling.