Workshop/Roadshow Germany,Munich,Unterschleissheim 18.Oktobre 2000

Subject: Workshop/Roadshow Germany,Munich,Unterschleissheim 18.Oktobre 2000
From: Marc Grimme <grimme@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:14:39 +0200
Hi *,
on the 18th of Oktobre we are having our third workshop about Storage
Area Networks and Clusters (SAN-Time III).

Registration:
http://www.san-time.org/ the left side, second news (SAN-Time III).
It is in GERMAN.

Clustering/Loadbalancing:
We are presenting a "heterogenous" Clustered Webserver (Linux, WinNT4,
Win2k) and a REALServer clustered (Linux, WinNT4, Win2k) via the lvs.
The data is mainly accessible with the gfs (if we see the linux nodes).

SAN:
The linux nodes accesses their data via the gfs. The Windows servers
don't:-(. But we have implementing the Tivoly Shared Filesystem
SANErgyFS to make a comparison between both gfs and SANErgyFS to show
two different approaches that are possible with "Shared Storage"
filesystems. Perhaps we manage to present a servler-less backup solution
for the whole cluster - that depends on if we get a Datamover capable
whatever device and the software right in time - but till now we are
working on this.

Examples:
You can access the applications we are going to present over two
different URLs (not yet, we are now installing all the stuff in 19"
Racks, but we hope that we can finish this in the 7 or 8 days):

http://cluster.san-time.org/: Is a little demo how the "global" data is
accessed and Servlet-requests are loadbalanced by the lvs. We are
visualizing daily values and meanvalues each year of the DAX (German
Stock Quote) since 1956 and the Dow Jones since 1896.

http://dict.san-time.org/:    Is a storage dictionary (java-based, and
Dict-protocol based see http://www.dict.org/) with a lot of keywords
from the storage and clustering world to again show the capabilities of
loadbalancing. Cause every request is forwarded to another host.

"Besides", companies like Compaq, Datacore, Andante, a Legato integrator
and Ancore/Qlogic are representing their latest products and giving
their point of view to their issues on SAN (Compaq - StorageWorks and
Availability, Datacore - VolumeManagement, Andante - server-less Backup,
Qlogic - Fabrics...).

If anyone is interested have a look at http://www.santime.org/.

This is also a kind of marketing presentation and is for free of charge
if there are any places left :-). You should register very soon. Last
time we had to cancel a lot of people because we didn't have enough
space left. We have space for about 50 people.

Don't forget it is mainly in german (Ancore and Datacore are the only
english lectures).

We are looking forward to see anyone for interesting discussions.
--

Gruss/Regards,

Marc Grimme

**
ATIX - Company. for Informationtechnology and Consulting mbH
Einsteinstrasse 10
D-85716 Unterschleissheim
Tel.: +49-89 31 78 7 42 4
http://www.atix.de/            http://www.san-time.org/