ipvsadm won't route requests

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ipvsadm won't route requests
From: Trevor Marshall <pmarshal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:34:33 -0400 (EDT)
Hello - I am new to LVS (and the list) so please forgive me if this seems
dumb...
I am trying to config a simple setup : one gateway with 2 cards trying to
forward http (then https) requests back to a Real server on a private
network.
There is only one Real server so far serving web pages on ports 80 and
443 so Scehduling methods are as yet unimportant.
I have registered the hostname and ifconfig'd eth0:0 for my IP.
I have config'd the ipchains to masq properly.
Kernel 2.2.14
Q1 - does apache on my gateway box have to listening on the same port
as the Virtual server. I have apache on 8080 and the virtual server on 80
Q2 - I think I have the Virtual server patch installed - how can I tell?
Q3 What is wrong with what I'm doing here .. ipvsadm doesn't seem to
work:

[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm -C
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm -A -t 213.38.111.141:80
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  213.38.111.141:www wlc
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm -a -t 213.38.111.141:80 -r 10.0.1.80:80
-m
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  213.38.111.141:www wlc
  -> 0.80.0.0:0                  Masq    0      0          0
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm -a -t 213.38.111.141:80 -r 10.0.1.90:80
-m
setsockopt failed: File exists
Destination already exists
[root@localhost /root]# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  213.38.111.141:www wlc
  -> 0.80.0.0:0                  Masq    0      0          0

What is 0.80.0.0:0 shouldn't this read one of my private network SErver
hosts?

thanks and regards,
-Trevor