Off Topic (Again) NFS -- which platform?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Off Topic (Again) NFS -- which platform?
From: Benjamin Lee <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:39:37 +1100
Last time I used NFS with Linux, it wasn't all that crash hot. Although, much
of the blame can be put upon the cheap network cards that couldn't handle the
traffic.

I am wondering what (currently) people consider a production quality platform
to run an NFS server on? I am thinking maybe a BSD although the kernel NFS code
in Linux is much more stable now, I've heard.

The idea is to put together a RAID boxen which will serve web pages and mail
spool via NFS. (Don't worry, I'm only mounting the mail spool once. ;-) It's
not a large enterprise system. )

Ben

--
B.      http://b.makelinux.org/      "Of course there is a reason why!"
If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat.