Re: Semi-OT: ssh configuration for LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Pietro Ravasio" <pietro.ravasio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: ssh configuration for LVS
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 06:03:52 -0400
Alright, personally I always prefer

RermitRootLogon nopwd

Over the option you've outlined. This plugs up some security holes.

>From each server which needs to accept SSH requests, ssh FROM them into your
monitoring system. (your LVS, from what it sounds like) Do this as root so
that the keys from your LVS are stored in root's known_hosts file. (Be sure
you answer yes to any question asking you to save the file)

Now try sshing (manually, once again) from your monitoring system into a
server you want to SSH into. Do this as root, once again, so that its key
file can be stored on your monitoring system's root's known_hosts file. (Be
sure you answer yes to any question asking yout o save the file)

After doing all of this -- ssh SHOULD work.

All the best --
Ted