Re: [Fwd: Re: Upgrading to latest RPM]

To: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Upgrading to latest RPM]
From: "Peter C. Nikolaidis" <pcnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:32:56 -0400
>> I upgraded my linux kernel to 2.2.16, and my current version of piranha
>> (0.4.12) stopped pulsing.  I booted up using the old kernel and it worked
>> fine.  Does piranha 0.4.12 not work with the new kernel?  I wasn't quite
>> ready to take the plunge and upgrade to the latest piranha RPMs, but it
>> seems like I have to once the new kernel is installed.
>
> Since you upgraded the kernel, why not upgrade piranha also? It's
> at 0.4.17-2 at http://people.redhat.com/kbarrett/HA/software.html

The reason I did not jump in all at once is because...
once I upgraded to the new piranha, it stopped working.  However I got
another e-mail suggesting that I missed a step:

"The problem is that in upgrading to a new kernel, you missed out
on applying the LVS kernel patchs which are required by ALL
the HA products, (Ultramonkey, failsafe, kimberlite etc...)"

Of course, I can't reach people.redhat.com today, so I'm patiently waiting
for access so I can try these, or an experimental kernel with all of the
patches included.

Peter
--
...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.