Re: my LVS cluster

To: "Rev. Erik C Elmshauser D.D." <erike@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: my LVS cluster
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:26:53 -0400 (EDT)
> However the
> second web server is giving me a hard time.  I am trying to run it on port
> 81.
> I am able to view the pages on port 81 from the director, but ipvsadm
> doesn't show a listing for it, let alone a server.

If the 2nd webserver was being LVS'ed you wouldn't be able to get to it
from the director. Since you have no entry in ipvsadm for port 81, the
director won't LVS it.

> Is there anything really obviously wrong with this setup?

Since you got it to work on port 80, you should be able to reproduce the
setup again on port 81. I would assume that you've made some simple
mistake.

  should I post my
> config file or output from the system?  what else should I be telling you
> to troubleshoot the problem?

get an entry for port 81 into ipvsadm first.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx