Re: one more simple question

To: joern maier <joern.maier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: one more simple question
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:50:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, joern maier wrote:

> sorry for posting again, but this time my questions are simple:

part of how LVS works is fiddling the ipchains rules behind your back. If
you have a VS-DR director, ipchains -L will give output even though you
haven't explicitely run ipchains to set up LVS. Your problem with both
your question below and the CBQ question comes from the interaction
between the changes in the routing tables made by ipvsadm and ipchains,
both of which will be stepping on each others feet.

> I didnīt find anything on the man page of ipchains.

LVS uses ipchains, but ipchains doesn't neccessarily know what LVS has
done with the routing. Wensong (LVS) and Rusty (ipchains) know each other
and are working to merge their code which will resolve these problems.

I don't know the solution to your immediate problem.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx