Re: [admin] Mailing list / webserver move

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:56:42 +0800 (CST)

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> as I will be moving myself to another city, I will also take the chance to
> reorganize the LVS hosting. Namely, I will get a server housing for myself
> anyway, so I will move the LVS webpage and the mailing list to it.
>
> This will happen within the next 3-4 weeks I guess.

See if I can persuade networksolution.com guys to give my handle WZ731
back to me in this time frame. The email contact of handle WZ731 is
wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Since the domain iinchina.net was dropped and its
registration was expired two months ago, I can never use
wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx So, I contact the networksolution.com a lot
times that me "wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx" is the one which used to use
"wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx", I even created a page to prove my identification
like http://www.LinuxVirtualServer.org/prove-to-nic.html in the earlier
October, but there was no use. I decided to fax them my passport, but
they don't send me a modification request with a tracking number. Maybe
they were annoyed by me. :)

Anyone who know some guys at networksolution.com can contact them to fix
handle WZ731 for me. I will be very grateful.

If I cannot get back handle WZ731, we cannot change the name servers of
linuxvirtualserver.org and linux-vs.org, and I cannot access the
dns1.iinchina.net server either. :(

> Visible changes will be:
>
> - I have full admin control over both again, so we have maximum flexibility.
>
> - The mailing list will move to mailman. If I get around to do it, I will
>   setup the web interface to it too.
>
> - rsync / URL will stay the same.
>
> And no, it will be a real server, with RAID et al, so no patchy server ;-)
>
> Any objections / comments?

Where will your host be located? If it gives you some trouble, we can
consider to move it to sourceforge.net.

Thanks,

Wensong