Re: i am confused.

To: dick <jijun_zhang_cn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: i am confused.
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 10:01:07 +0100
dick wrote:

> when i try our best to build a NAT Cluster and Mon and Heartbeat.but my boss
> say the http cluster have the session problem and storage problem and
> imposible to use in e-business.so he tell me to stop it. i don't know what
> can i do.I love LVS.

Hi dick,

Would you mind bringing me in contact with you boss? I'd like to talk
with him about his concern. I've been using LVS since 2 years now very
productively for various e-buisness applications where other hardware
based loadbalancers would fail (due to the lack of appropriate health-
check methods for example) and I remember the time when there were
session problems and negative counter issues. But trust me, unless it's
TCP, UDP you're safe. Sometimes you have to thing of a small workaround,
sometimes you have to modify the application a little bit to come along
with for example nasty TCP timeouts but you should get it working, no
matter what.

Best regards and have a nice day,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--