Re: Data Piping

To: Michael McConnell <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Data Piping
Cc: "Graf, Christian" <Christian.Graf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Vince Mulhollon <vlm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve Gonczi <Steve.Gonczi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott Bronson <bronson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ryu, Cheol" <ryuch@xxxxxxxx>
From: Benjamin Lee <benjaminlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:16:06 +1100
Hi all,

Well, I thought this was all interesting. I still can't figure out his
original motivation, but I thought I'd summarize...

1.      It's possible. Really depends how low you go.

2.      Ideas I've read:
        o       NAT --
                        (of course, silly me; I wasn't thinking of placing a
machine in
                        the middle. It wasn't in the picture. ;-) )
        o port redirection --
                        (does it qualify as a single TCP endpoint?)
        o       C code it, custom header ID --
                        (this definitely qualifies)
        o Perl it baby --
                        (is as good as the C)