Re: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.

To: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: doing both NAT and DR, I need help.
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:25:37 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, tc lewis wrote:

> > ip rule add prio 100 from 10.100.50.0/24 table 100
> > ip route add table 100 0/0 via 10.100.50.249 dev eth0
>
> sorry to bring this up again.
>
> this stuff works like a champ.  thanks for turning me on to it.  is there
> a special place that policy routing settings should go typically?
> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables seems to be a special file of sorts, but i don't
> seem to have one and can't locate documentation on its format.  or is
> stuffing commands in rc.local just going to have to do?

        I see info about all these /etc/iproute2/* files in
doc/ip-cref.tex in the iproute2 package:

ftp://ftp.inr.ac.ru/ip-routing/

        But I don't use these features. I can't recommend you
the right place to use the "ip" commands, may be after the interfaces
are created if your setup does not change after boot time.

> also, the ip rule addition i can see in ip rule show afterwards, but i
> don't see any differences in ip route show after the route addition.
> anything i might be missing there?  no biggie--it appears to work anyway.

        Oh yes, you have to specify the table:

        ip r l t 100

> thanks a ton for your suggestions.  now my incoming and outgoing mail will
> work harmoniously!
>
> -tcl.

Regards

--