testlvs and ip_conntrack

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: testlvs and ip_conntrack
From: Anush Elangovan <eas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:09:53 -0700 (MST)
Hi,
  I am testing a ipvs-0.0.5 VS-DR setup. I have 2 real servers both running
2.4.0-test10
(one on RH7.0 and the other RH6.2). I have all three (2 real and
director)machines  on the same hub on the 10.x.x.x network. Now when I launch
testlvs from a machine on 192.168.0.x network, my director and the real server
gives me warnings about the ip_conntrack module.

ip_conntrack: maximum limit of 4096 entries exceeded.

Amazingly my Redhat 6.2 machine (one of the real servers doesnt give this
warning.)

I would like to know:
1) does the 4096 limit effect the director/realserver, how can i change the
limit, I heard it can be changed with a sysctl variable.

2) Does anyone have ideas on why the RH6.2 machine doesnt give me the same
error.

3) Not related to the above: How can I calculate the total number of TCP/UDP
connections that my cluster can support in VS-DR, and also the number of
connections that my  realservers can support.

Thanks
Anush

anush@xxxxxxx