mon problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mon problem
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:26:04 -0500
I'm testing out the latest mon (v 0.38-22) upgrading from 0.37l
(where things went reasonably well)

when a service comes up, I get the expected result:
mon sends the upalerts and ipvsadm services get turned on just fine.

when a service goes down, the (down) alert gets sent and then instead
of a continuous stream of alerts, telling me that the service is still down,
I get a random mixture (every "interval" or so) of upalerts and alerts.
This tells ipvsadm that the service is coming up, then down, then up,
when there is no service at all.

I can run the monitors by hand and they seem to give the correct output
(telling me that the service is down). Presumably mon isn't getting the
signal properly. Maybe it's a timing problem. I've tried changing the
polling interval. Mon waits for a monitor to return (I think) so I don't
think it is timing out the monitors.

Any ideas?

Thanks Joe