Re: TLS on LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TLS on LVS
Cc: <k-noma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ted Pavlic" <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:22:11 -0500
I don't see any reason why LVS would have any bearing on TLS. As far as LVS
was concerned, TLS connections would just be like any other connections.

Perhaps you are referring to HTTPS over TLS? Such a protocol has not been
completed yet in general, and when it does it still will not need any extra
work to be done in the LVS code.

The whole point of TLS is that one connects to the same port as usual and
then "upgrades" to a higher level of security on that port. All the secure
logic happens at a level so high that LVS wouldn't even notice a change.
Things would still work as usual.

All the best --
Ted