Re: (no subject) MASQ and LVS.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: (no subject) MASQ and LVS.
From: "Lorn Kay" <lorn_kay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 22:38:58 -0000

From the LVS Howto section 7.1:

"Possibly a group of machines on a private network (like the
servers in a VS-NAT setup) would already be connected to the
outside world by NAT. Both the regular NAT and reverse NAT used
in VS-NAT are configured in the same rc.lvs_nat file."

In other words, the Director in a NAT configuration is using IPCHAINS to build a MASQ network.

I can not comment specifically on squid and socks however.

--K