Re: keepalived (was Re: News contrib to LVS)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: keepalived (was Re: News contrib to LVS)
From: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:55:44 +0100
Hi Julian,

> - resource information for Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, HP/UX, WinNT 4,
> SCO, Unixware. I still don't have load parameters for Win2K.

What about SNMP? Do they have now some kind of intelligent snmpd?

> - redundancy: primary and backup directors, different role for different
> clusters

I've been at the CCC Congress in Berlin lately and I met one of the
netfilter core developers and he actually is already working on the
problem for kernel 2.4 and iptables. I'll contact him and ask about
the status of his work. As far as I spoke to him he's also trying to
keep the iptables structures in synchronisation with a backup node
and I reckon this will be pretty much the same code for LVS.

>         These are the essentials.
>
>         I hope in the next weeks to have an usable version, at least
> the agent ported on Linux. When Wensong is ready with the new CVS
> repository I'm planning to put this GPL-ed work there. I'll appreciate
> help on sticking this software with other programs to make it more
> usable, for many admins.

Looking forward,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--