Re: Performance tuning (single/dual cpu)

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Performance tuning (single/dual cpu)
Cc: Florin Andrei <elf_too@xxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Pat O'Rourke" <orourke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:08:41 -0500
Sorry to keep this thread going, but my original question to Michael
was about SMP performance on 2.2.  In our experiments we've been seeing
an SMP director perform significantly worse than a uni-processor one
(using the same hardware - only difference was booting an SMP kernel
or uni-processor).

We've been using a 2.2.17 kernel with the 1.0.2 LVS patch and bumped
the send / recv socket buffer memory to 1mb for both the uni-processor
and SMP scenarios.  The director is an Intel based system with 550
mhz Pentium 3's.

So I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and
if they were able to resolve it.

Thanks,

Pat

--