Re: ipvs-0.2.0-2.4.0 available

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ipvs-0.2.0-2.4.0 available
From: Chris <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:30:14 +0100
Hi,

Florin Andrei wrote:

> --- Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >       Wow, I don't know many people in production with kernel 2.4 :)
>
>         You're right. Maybe i'm too eager to put 2.4 to work. I think i'll
> delay it a
> little bit.
>         I just wonder, those nice guys at Sourceforge, Real.com, and so on,
> what
> kernel and what lvs version they are using in production?... ;-)

our biggest LVS has >70 real server and is running
a 2.2.14 Kernel with a LVS 0.9.7 (+ patch against
wrong counting); the masq table size is 2^18 (a
bit low, but is still working)
all services are running in DR-mode with the wlc
scheduler
the hardware ist single P3 500 with 512MB ram and
a tulip NIC.

the monitoring of the realservers is done with
ldirectord (tcp-connect)

I don´t want to switch to 2.4 in the next time,
becaus everthing is working fine and we had never
a crash of the Server.
we had in the past more problems with broken
hardware and buggy NIC-drivers (only on the real
Servers) than with the LVS-Kernel itself.

cu,

Chris