[LVS] mailing list headers

To: lmb@xxxxxxx
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:26:28 +0100
Hi

I have a suggestion to make:
many mailing lists I subscribe to put some prefix in front of every
mail header, e.g.
[LVS]  normal header as provided by the original mail

In majordomo, this is an easily applied option.
It is done with the entry in listname.config:
subject_prefix      = [LVS]

I don't know how it is configured in other list servers.

It has the advantage that I can recognize all email belonging to this
mailing
list immediately, as it looks distinctly different in my pine list
menu.

If I wanted, I could also redirect it into a special mailbox with
procmail
(yes, I could this also by looking at other header lines, I know).

If it is simple for you, please make this configuration change.