Re: src_addr for outgoing NAT packets.

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: src_addr for outgoing NAT packets.
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:56:38 -0500
Julian Anastasov wrote:

> ip route add default dev eth0 via uplink src VIP

the iproute2  HOWTO says that uplink should be the IP of
the machine being NAT'ed (here 192.168.1.12).

my command was

ip route add default dev eth0 via 192.168.1.12 src 192.168.2.110
                                       |                |
                                      RIP              VIP

I tried the IP of the director and the client, but got errors
running the command (network not available or something like that).

> Do I know this setup? What IP
> addresses and routes are defined in the director?

   client
(eth0 192.168.2.254)

(eth0 192.168.2.1 = director)
(eth0:1 192.168.2.110 = VIP)
   director
(eth1:192.168.1.9)

(eth0 192.168.1.11)
(lo:0 192.168.2.110 = VIP)
real-server

director has ip_forwarding on, is just NAT'ing at the moment
(have run ipvsadm -C)

tcpdump on client shows telnet packets arrive with src=director

If I can get sessions initiating on the real-server to emerge from
the director with s_addr=VIP, I want to use this to get the connect
requests from authd on the real-servers out to the client. The
authd connect requests from the real-server have s_addr = VIP.
Presumably I can NAT this on the real-server to the RIP
before it is sent to the director?