Re: [ANNOUNCE] Netparse 0.1 - a network stream parser

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Netparse 0.1 - a network stream parser
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:50:19 -0500
florin@xxxxxxx wrote:

>         But you said that "we don't want the real-servers with ports exposed
> unneccessarily". So, if the agents are clients, the port will be open on the
> director, instead of the real servers.

I didn't know, was just asking.

>         Well, that's a problem, too, but anyway...

if all communication (eg to an agent on the real-server)
is run on the director by ssh, then you only have one extra port
(the sshd port) exposed on the real-server. I'm prepared to
defend doing that to someone who it concerned about security.
As long as you're only doing this every 15secs or so,
I would hope it wouldn't put too much load on the director.