Re: https and IE4

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: https and IE4
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fcorouge@xxxxxxxxxxx, ja@xxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:11:28 -0500
Julian Anastasov wrote:

> > Julian, why does persistence fix this problem?
>
>         http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/persistence.html
>
>         I assume the problem is in the way SSL is working: cached
> keys, etc. Without persistence configured, the SSL connections break
> when they hit another real server.

when you make several requests, sometime the page is displayed, but sometime
a popup error message is displayed with something like

Internet Explorer can't open your Internet Site <the_url>
An error occured with the secured connexion.

and at least, it purposes to load the insecure pages (unsuccessfully).

    Francis COROUGE

this is one for the HOWTO.
Thanks

Joe