IPVS 0.2.7 available

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IPVS 0.2.7 available
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:10:45 +0800 (CST)
Hi,

I just uploaded ipvs 0.2.7 to the LVS web site. This time we did a lot of
testings before releasing this version, this one should be quite stable.
:)

IP Virtual Server Netfilter module - Version 0.2.7 - March 22, 2001

Changes:
        * Removing the unnecessary strict buffer boundary checking,
        because the kernel proc buffer already leave some slack (1024
        bytes) for overruns. Thank Julian for pointing it out for me.

        * Changed to use 64-bit variables for byte counters instead of
        32-bit. Thank Julian and Ratz for suggesting this feature and the
        help.

        * Fixed the wrong printing in /proc/net/ip_vs, which was
        introduced in 0.2.6, and removed all the compiling warnings when
        ipvs is built in the kernel. Thank Julian and Ratz for the help
        too.

        * Added many checking that if schedulers or application helpers
        are not modules, don't increase/decrease their use_count. Thank
        Bruno Cornec <Bruno_Cornec@xxxxxx> for reporting the kernel crashs
        when everything is built into kernel (no modules).

        * Clarified some declarations of ip_vs_stats and __ip_vs_svc_lock
        so that ipvs can be built into kernel with the SMP option, and
        claried some inconsistent declarations of fwmark too.

        * ipvsadm updates
        fixed some warning while compiling config_stream.c and
          dynamic_array.c.
        fixed the error result of "ipvsadm -R" and "ipvsadm -S".
        added ipvsadm-save and ipvsadm-restore man pages.
        added the "-n" option into ipvsadm-save.
        changed Makefile so that it can install ipvsadm.sh, ipvsadm-save
          and ipvsadm-restore to the right places.
        added trying to request the ip_vs module when the ipvs service
          isn't available. Thank Joe for suggesting this feature.

Your testings and comments are still very welcome. ;)

Thanks,

Wensong