Re: multiple virtual services on real servers

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nelson, Ben" <bnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: multiple virtual services on real servers
From: raj dutt <raj.l@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:51:40 -0500
Hi Ben,

I'd suspect that since you're using non RFC-1918 IPs, that these 'real'
servers might not be on the same local network/switch as your other
ones.

Have you measured latency from the LVS server to the new real servers
and compared it with the old RFC-1918 servers?

Might seem obvious, but that's the only thing I can tell right now.

Send me your lvs.conf file, I might be able to find something in there.

There are no scalability issues that you should be running into in this
case, so I think you're barking up the wrong tree there.,

By the way, I noticed that you guys are hosted with Exodus. I don't mean
for this to turn into a sales pitch, but can we open a conversation for
hosting?

We are the only provider to commercially _support_ LVS (and support the
free LVS project, check out the sponsors page). We host Porsches 210
North American Dealers.

I'd be very interested in the possibility of earning rightnow.com's
business.

Cheers,
 Raj Dutt
 Voxel dot Net, Inc