Re: configure script

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: configure script
Cc: jwatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:03:11 -0500
Jeffrey Watterson wrote:

> >From what I could tell I already had the correct default gw on the real
> servers prior to running the rc. The rc appears to be stripping the gw to
> the director and not replacing it.

that's helpful.

> So on each real server I just manually added it back in and I then set
> ip_forward to 1 on each real server and now appear to have a working load
> balanced set of real servers.

hmm, mine work OK with

#cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
0

for both 2.2.x and 2.4.x real-servers

got any suggestions.

> Could I have just attached the files?

It doesn't matter.
the postings occupy the same amount of disk space on the
archive, whether the files are in the body or attached.

Is it in
> general good etiquette to reply directly to a list member?

this is OK. If anything of interest comes out of it, it is
posted to the list.

> output from sh -x rc.nat_lvs:

you should be getting heaps of debugging info with sh -x rc.lvs_nat.
What you've posted looks like the output from $./rc.lvs_nat

> changing default gw to 192.168.1.1
> showing routing table
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt
> Iface
> 192.168.1.3     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH        0 0          0
> eth0
> 192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0
> eth0
> 127.0.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U         0 0          0 lo

you're right. It didn't add the default gw.

In line 1151 of configure, there is a command

route add.

This should be

$ROUTE add

Since route is /sbin/route, it will not be in the PATH (if PATH
is /bin;/usr/bin) and nothing will be executed.

can you change your configure and let me know what happens?